I currently use Geary as my main mail client in Linux (I use Ubuntu GNOME). I have recently started using aliases quite a lot, so it has become very tedious to use a web browser whenever I want to send mail from an alias.
I have found an option in Geary to use Outlook.com aliases. Here is how to use it:
- Open Geary
- Click on the menu, and then accounts
- Choose your email account, then click on the pencil icon
- Click on the button “Additional email addresses…”
- Type your alias (the whole thing including the @outlook.com) into the text box, then click the plus sign
- Click Update
- Click Save
- Close the Accounts dialog
Now, you have setup your Outlook.com aliases in Geary. I hope you find this tutorial useful!